Primary & Preschool Field Trips
Give your class a day of fun and learning on the farm and see how easily science lessons come to life.
Whether old friends or new, we are excited to share our farm with you. Field trips are tailored to complement in-class instruction with hands-on science learning experiences your primary and preschool students will enjoy and your school district can afford!
Spring: Children learn the seasons and life cycles of sunflowers and plant a sunflower to take home. Fall: Children visit our pumpkin patch to visually learn how pumpkins grow, and every child, parent and teacher picks a pumpkin to take home.
Spring and Fall: The children visit the farm animals and learn the daily routine care and feeding of our horses….although they won’t be taking home a horse.
Bring Real Life Experiences to Your Science Lessons!
- Multi-sensory interaction and encounters with living things
- Hands-on lesson covering how plants germinate, grow, are pollinated and harvested.
- Friendly staff and enthusiastic tour guides who can adapt tours to appropriate age or grade levels.
- A ride on a covered wagon to Bonnybrook’s bright, clean, airy, stable with child-friendly farm animals.
- Well organized age appropriate programs
- Clean, expansive facilities, picnic and playground areas
- Make observations and comparisons about sunflowers (Spring) or pumpkins (Fall)
- Understand the basic needs of living plants and farm animals
- Understand the seasonal life cycle of a sunflower or pumpkin
- Understand the daily cycle of an animal’s life.
Each Student Takes Home
- A sunflower they have planted (Spring) or a pumpkin from the patch. (Fall)
- New knowledge about living plants, life on a farm and farm animals.
- Lots of good memories!
Making Your Reservations
Dates: Bonnybrook’s School Field Trips are offered weekdays end of April, May and October.
Times: Field trips start at 9:15 am, 10:30 am and 11:45 am
Admission: Tours are reasonably priced at $7.00 per student and parents. There is no cost for teachers. There is a minimum cost of $125.00.
Picnic: Bring a lunch to eat inside our spacious Gathering Barn and let the children have fun in our Farmyard Play Area.
Photos from our sunflower experts!
In the five or six years we’ve been coming and having gone to many places in the past, Bonnybrook is the BEST field trip we’ve ever taken! Lori Huntington, Summerside Elementary
“I’ve taught 26 years now, and this is the best field trip we have ever taken!” Kim Lovett, Mason Heights
Click to below to Read more